It’s our last full day of vacation & we’ll be driving home tomorrow. It’s appropriate that this week’s post is Peace. Everyone needs a bit of time to catch their breath & find a bit of peace from their normal hectic everyday schedules. Whether you take a vacation or just schedule an hour or two of solitude into your week, it’s important to refresh & refocus.
Today’s card was created for our last Christmas card class full of glitz & glitter.
I cased most of the cards from Pinterest but just used the concept idea & changed them up quite a bit for the glamour & glitz. I couldn’t resist picking up Penny Black’s Winter Trees set at My Hearts Fancy for this card.
- Cut a card base from Whip Cream 4 1/4″ x 8 1/2″ & fold in half. Sprinkle with Sparkle Silk.
- I used Simon Says Stamp’s Drifting Stitches Borders & white glitter paper to cut the snowdrift. Attach to card.
- Cut tree from Dark Roast cardstock & adhere to card.
- Cut 3 birds & the word peace from red glitter paper & adhere to card.
- Cut a white glitter paper star & pop up on top of tree.
- Attach tiny rhinestones to tree to add more sparkle. (Pro-tip: Nail rhinestones are perfect when you need tiny rhinestones.)
Amidst all the holiday preparations, find a few minutes to take a bubble bath, read for a bit or escape to your art place & create just for fun.