It’s been an interesting week here at the studio, 2 great classes, some volunteer time & a wee bit of a fender bender, nothing serious but enough of a rear-end bump to irritate my neck & shoulders & require me to take it easy a couple of days.
This week’s card is a CASE of the one on the Bloom Benefit page of the Journey Holidays catalog. Now with the business change, the Bloom Benefits went away but may appear down the road as special offers, so the Frosty Snowflake die isn’t available right now but I challenge you to use the snowflakes you do have & recreate a variation of this fun quick card.
- Cut a card base 11″ x 4 1/4′ from Catalina Splash cardstock & fold in half.
- Cut a mat 4″ x 5 1/4″ from Whip Cream cardstock.
- Brush bottom corner of Whip Cream mat with Panpastel Colorless Blender then stamp sentiment from the Holiday Joy stamp set in Clear Pigment ink & emboss with Journey Silver embossing powder. After you emboss, splash some Sparkle Silk over background to add more shimmer.
- Cut 3 snowflakes from Grape Fusion, Turbo Teal & Watermelon Fusion cardstocks & adhere to the mat. Attach to card base.
- Embellish with small rhinestones & Sparkle Drops. (Pro-tip – if you have a hard time finding tiny rhinestones, check for nail rhinestones in your favorite cosmetic section.)
Now for my special announcement!
If you have ever wanted to purchase a SASS Studio Design, you’ll have that opportunity in just a couple of weeks. I am participating in the Puppy Love Project online craft sale to benefit a variety of rescued & chained dogs & some Homeless Veterans & their furry companions. I am so excited to participate in my 1st craft sale in years & up to 50% of the profits will benefit The Puppy Love Project! I have been a supporter of PLP since shortly after Felicia started transporting rescues & then started rescuing herself. This is where part of my income from the Studio goes in giving back to the community.
If you’d like to see what I offer for the online Holiday Sale & see the other artists & businesses supporting Puppy Love, send me an email or message me on my Facebook page to be added to the event. I would appreciate your support!
I will have some Rosette Wreaths, thanks to Chelsea Comer at Inky Stamper for her original design & permission to use it to fundraise & teach a class (I purchased her instructions). I will also make handmade Japanese Stab Bound journals/sketchbooks & some card assortments ready for holiday mailing. You may even see today’s card in those assortments. My goal is to raise $100 for The Puppy Love Project for my very 1st online craft show.
Oh & I keep forgetting to announce that all my international friends can now shop for Fun Stampers Journey products through my link. A huge benefit of the business change! Just click the logo at the side of my page.
Take some time to create a snowflake card or two
Have a Great Weekend!
1 thought on “8 Weeks of Christmas Inspiration Week 2 – Snowflurries & an Exciting Announcement!”
Looking forward to the fundraiser.