I don’t usually do Halloween but no one can resist a cute monster & this one is designed to be versatile year round.
This cute fella would be great for Halloween, birthday or a party invite. He’s from the Eyes on You stamp set in the Journey Holidays Mini catalog.
Let’s take a look at how he’s created:
- Grape Fusion card base cut 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ & folded in half
- Citrus Cooler mat cut 4 ” x 5 1/4″ & die cut with the Lots of Dots die
- Take a White Liner sheet trimmed to 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ & peel off one side of backing to adhere to back of Citrus Cooler mat. Fill holes with Sparkle Dust , rub into adhesive & brush off. Then peel off 2nd backing on White Liner sheet & adhere to card base.
- Stamp tall monster onto Whip Cream piece & color with Color Burst pencils. I used #’s 10, 18, 21 & 23 combined and 34. Fussy cut around monster.
- I set the words of choice from the Letterboard Sentiments stamp set on my MISTI & stamped in Grape Fusion, Citrus Cooler & Limeade Splash onto Whip Cream cardstock. Cleaned off the colored ink, stamped in Clear Pigment ink & embossed with my custom Clear & Sparkle Dust embossing powder. Trim around words.
- Pop monster & words up on card with Journey Foam Squares. Add eyeglasses from Spectacle Fun embellishment pack and your card is finished
Have fun thinking outside the box with your stamp sets. They don’t always have to be used just for a particular holiday or event.
Enjoy Your Weekend!