Welcome to 2019! I am wishing you love, joy, laughter & tons of inspiration & creativity in the new year!
I am definitely looking forward to sharing more inspiration with you!
And speaking of more inspiration, last year I chose to carry the word Joy over from 2017 & pair it with Inspiration for my 2018 words of the year. Not only was I able to post lots of inspiration, I was refreshed & inspired more too. So let’s take a look at my 2019 word……
LOVE – yep I’m going to have fun with this years word too. While we were in Branson recently, I spotted a sign I wanted for the studio but since we were Christmas shopping bypassed it. Well while I was shopping in the Scrapbook store, hubby went back & got it for me for my Christmas stocking. It has Van Gogh’s quote hand painted on it by a young artist that says “I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people.” This sums up my love of creating & Sassy AngelS Studio, sharing artwork to brighten others day. Whether I am sharing something online with you, teaching in studio, creating Cards for the Troops, Salvation Army or Feed His Sheep, sharing art with my granddaughter or making a special gift, it’s all to share love, encouragement, hope & inspiration.
Today’s card was made during the Fun Stampers Journey December Follow Your Heart event. While we were watching the show, they demoed using the heart stencil over the patterned paper so I created this card using that technique with the Angels.
Let’s take a look at how it was created.
- Cut a card base from Tin Pail cardstock 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ & fold in half. Emboss card front with the I Heart embossing folder.
- Trim a patterned strip 1 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ from the Follow Your Heart Prints. Sponge heart pattern over the strip using the Heart Wall stencil, Turbo Teal ink & sponge daubers.
- Trim a mat piece for the strip 2 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ from Turbo Teal cardstock and adhere patterned strip to mat and attach to card base.
- Die cut Penny Black Soft Caress in Lemon Grass cardstock. Using the Love Is punch, punch hearts from blue glitter paper & adhere over heart flowers on die cut. Adhere to card.
- Die cut small purple glitter hearts using the Heart Strip Die & adhere to edges of card.
- Stamp sentiment from the Cottage Bouquet stamp set on Tin Pail cardstock square in Black Licorice. Clean stamp & stamp again in Clear Pigment ink. Emboss with custom Journey Clear embossing powder & Sparkle Dust mix. Pop up on card.
Look for class updates in the next couple of days. I am in full out purge, organize & clean mode for the New Year so haven’t updated everything yet.
Do something special for yourself this week.
1 thought on “Happy New Year & A Little Love”
I really like this card… It incorporates lots of different color hearts which Is great for using some of my Scraps