I am a bit slow sharing our SOTM inspiration this week. It’s the kick-off week of Angel Tree sign-ups at our local Salvation Army & I volunteer to help out. So 3 days of volunteering, Angel Club, teaching 2 back to back classes & taking 2 art classes doesn’t leave a lot of breathing room in the schedule. Add in a couple of migraines from allergies & I slow down a bit more. But I rarely let my headaches keep me totally down & I so enjoy what I do both in creating & helping others that it’s all worth it.
There are a couple of beautiful folk art style flowers in the Enchanted Cat set and after browsing some sketches, I decided on a simple design for this weeks card. I also enjoyed creating a new Create-A-Palette color combo to use this week. The Create-A-Palette is inked with Liquid Colors in Cool Pool, Turbo Teal, Catalina Splash, Pretty Amethyst & Lavender Fusion. (Pro-Tip: Clearly label your Create-A-Palette inked with Liquid Colors. Liquid Colors are water based & our reinkers are not so you don’t want to accidently mix the two.) Let’s take a look:
Such an easy card to create with lots of color impact. I do realize it might have been wiser to switch the purples in the palette, but after a few inkings where the colors are starting to blend better, it’s really quite lovely.
- Cut a card base from Whip Cream cardstock 4 1/4″ x 11″ & fold in half
- Cut a panel from Whip Cream cardstock 2 3/4″ x 4″
- To prepare to stamp flowers, place panel on card in desired position. (Pro Tip: I use removable tape to hold panel in place while stamping to get the overlap effect.)
- Using the Create-A-Palette, stamp flower 3 times around card. (Remember your design rule that odd numbers look better. 3 flowers, 1 sentiment & 1 embellished corner give you 5 on this card.)
- Remove panel & stamp sentiment from Humble & Kind stamp set in Catalina Splash. Clean stamp & re-stamp in Clear Pigment ink. Emboss with a custom mix of Clear Embossing powder & Sparkle Dust.
- Pop panel up on card using Journey Foam Squares, add Candy Minis in corner.
Thanks for popping in to take a peek at this week’s card.
Have a Fabulous Week & take the time to do something for someone else that brings them a smile this week. You’ll be glad you did!