I am popping in with this week’s SOTM inspiration card. I really had fun designing this card. It’s the invitation for our 2nd granddaughter’s baby shower. Enchanted Cat worked perfectly with the kitty theme.
You could easily change the sentiment out for a birthday card & still have a fabulous card. Let’s take a look at how it was created.
- Cut a card base from Beach Ball cardstock 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ & fold in half
- The background & coloring for the cat image were created by the following technique on the Gel Press:
- Place several drops of the following reinkers side by side on your Gel Press in a vertical line. Cosmic Grape, Grape Fusion, Turbo Teal, Electric Lime & Sour Lemon.
- Take your brayer & roll straight up & down through the colors shifting ever so slightly to one side to blend them together just a bit. Don’t overblend.
- Lay mat size ( 4″ x 5 1/4″) Whip Cream cardstock into blended color & pull a print of color.
- Without cleaning the brayer, reroll ink on brayer in same spot to transfer more ink to Gel Press & pull another print. You can repeat this with the brayer several times and will be able to pull 8 or more prints from one inking. Each inking will get lighter in color & give a different look.
- After pulling your inked backgrounds, stamp the cat on a medium shaded background with Catalina Splash & die cut image.
- Taking a lighter background, emboss with the All Stars Embossing Folder (Bloom Benefit). Splash background with Sparkle Silk & adhere to card base.
- Stamp sentiment of choice on Beach Ball cardstock with clear pigment ink & emboss with custom blend of White embossing powder & Sparkle Dust & fussy cut.
- Pop cat & sentiment up on card background.
- Take scraps of Beach Ball, Grape Fusion, Limeade Splash & Lemon Drop cardstocks & punch an assortment of stars with the Star handpunch and glue randomly to background to finish the card.
I hope you will take the time to try this background technique, it’s really fun & if you try new color combos, you will have a stack of ready made custom colored backgrounds for quick cardmaking.
Thanks for popping by! Have a Fabulous Week!
1 thought on “Enchanted Cat You’re Invited – Stamp of the Month”
i love this cutie cat