Sometimes trying to figure out my schedule timing is a bit of work depending on if the week has a lot of out of the house appts & errands like last week or is middle of the road like this week. Since my schedule flexes quite a bit, choosing a time to post & do videos consistently just doesn’t work. So I am trying to go back to a weekly goal of regular posting & videos & then I’ll see where the time allows each week to meet that goal. So I may post at midnight tonight & 9 am in a couple of days. Going with the flow.
I had lots of fun creating this card with the January My Favorite Things release. I have lots of new MFT product to play with, now I need lots of time to do the creating. I absolutely love the Lots of Heart stencil. I used it on my Love canvas that I posted recently. Let’s take a look:
We made this card for Angel Club last month and the bonus was everyone got to take home the extra trees they cut out in the other colors to create more cards with.
- Cut a card base from Grape Fusion Cardstock 4 1/4″ x 11″ & fold in half.
- Using a 4″ x 5 1/4″ Whip Cream mat, position your stencil over the mat & secure with some washi tape or magnets. Apply Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink about 2/3rds down the mat from the top. Apply Wilted Violet Distress Oxide ink about 2/3rds up from the bottom of the mat to create the deeper purple center on the mat when the 2 inks combine. Adhere to card base.
- Cut a stitched oval mat from Turbo Teal cardstock using Journey Ovals.
- Cut Heart Tree 3 times from Grape Fusion, Electric Lime & Cosmic Grape cardstocks & piece together as desired. (Note: Cosmic Grape cardstock is no longer available,) Adhere to oval. Highlight some areas on the tree with Sparkle Dust.
- Cut Penny Black love sentiment from Black Licorice cardstock & attach over tree.
- Pop oval up onto card base.
Have a Fabulous Week & I’ll pop back in soon with another great project.