Let’s get this blog up & running again!
I have a new theme for the next 100 days, June 1st – Sept. 8th.
I will be playing in several different types of art & media from standard cards to hand lettering, Bible journaling/handmade books to mixed media. I have goals to post to the blog, do some live videos & of course share everyday here or on FB.
My Wild & Wonderful theme runs through 3 areas of life and is as much personal time as it is sharing time.
Worship – time in God’s Word, Bible study & journaling, plus hand lettering Bible verses.
Wild Art – joy in creating & playing in different areas & sharing art, tips & techniques.
Wonderful Life – celebrating each day & finding ways to share more blessings & brightening up someone’s day.
Today’s card is the 1st for this Monday’s class featuring Tonic Studio’s Craft Kit #21 which they labeled as Distressed Detail and I think of more as Shabby Chic. I took one of the element dies & created an elegant card perfect for a wedding or anniversary or just simply to brighten somenone’s day. It would be easy to change out the sentiment for several occasions.
- Deep Lilac base 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Lavender Fusion layer 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Brushed Silver layer 3 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Die cut Brushed Silver on both ends with small border type die in Tonic Studios Craft Kit 21 or similar die of choice and assemble together.
- Die cut Lovely day sentiment in Brushed silver & border in Deep Lilac & adhere together. Pop onto Brushed Silver mat layer.
- Add rhinestones or gemstones of choice.
Note: Feel free to use this card as a sketch or jumping off point to use the items in your supplies to create a similar look.
Summer is a great time to work on mini goals. I challenge you to find a goal you want to work on for the summer. Maybe it’s reading a couple of books, relaxing more, ramping up your exercise, spending more time with family, taking a class in something you’ve always wanted to learn. What will you do with your summer? List your goal(s) and how you want to tackle them.
Have a Wild & Wonderful Summer!